Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 18

March 18th:

Back in November this was the last chapter I read, so I plan on beating that record this time round! One thing I am very thankful for is that I’m persevering through the ups and downs of this journey to greater freedom in Christ and victory over this sin of gluttony and greed. I am now in my 7th week and have NOT had a completely victorious walk, but have kept on going… This is a big step for me! Praise God! It’s about grace and forgiveness. It’s also about being accountable this time round, not giving up when the going gets rough!

So today’s study really dealt with pleasers, teasers and rejects. I’m going to have to think on this a bit more. I’m not sure I can pinpoint all of these different foods quite yet.

Pleasers:
I know that pleasers vary depending on what I’m craving, so I’m not sure I can really name too many pleasers. I’m not particularly picky, so a lot of things “please” me. One that came to mind was a dessert—a chocolate extreme blizzard. That would probably be the ultimate pleaser in terms of sugary treats for me. Watermelon is another pleaser! Love, love, love watermelon.

Teasers:
Teasers are anything that is sugary in the house that tempt me! I know that I don’t function best with just sugar in my body so when I have baking or candies or chocolate around the house they definitely act as teasers for me. And I can definitely relate to #8 on p.187
“The all-time classic teaser is what’s left of your pleaser when you have reached your comfortable 5 and are satisfied.”

Total Rejects:
I can’t think of total rejects right now. But there are probably lots that I reject on a daily basis. Actually I probably avoid buying them in the first place! I’ll have to think on this one a bit more.

P.188
“Whole-body pleasers are those foods that your body calls out for, are enjoyable while you eat them, and they leave you feeling energized afterward.”
I need to dwell on this statement a bit more as well. I think that sugary treats are often not whole-body pleasers for me so I need to keep in mind the bigger picture more often. I need to remember how it feels to overeat on pleasers. I need to remember which pleasers make me feel the best.

I should really have just gone straight to the malt candies as they were the real pleasers. Instead I wasted calories on the other candies (the teasers). Lesson learned. However I was also trying to avoid sugar…..so it wasn’t following my plan either!

No comments:

Post a Comment