Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 21

March 21st:

This paragraph expressed what I’ve been feeling quite well…

“Truly, if you were to find yourself at the end of these thirty days, smaller in size, yet without the peace, joy, and freedom we have been pursuing, it would all be in vain. ‘It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.’ Galatians 5:1

Becoming real exercise p.225:
I realize that most people don’t see how MUCH I can eat, how greedy I am! When out with friends I have definitely experienced that feeling that I don’t want to “look” bad and eat the whole dessert at a restaurant (or a large dairy queen blizzard!)…meanwhile, if I was with Jon I could devour the whole thing no problem…plus the remainder of his probably!!! Not good!

I liked the statement on p. 225 “You can never be ugly when you are real, ‘except to people who don’t understand.’”

I really liked this story on p. 226:
“I have a friend who takes a large river rock and writes with a permanent ink marker the date and way in which she has seen God’s presence manifest in her family’s lives. One at a time, more rocks have been added to the collection. The river rocks now adorn her garden, visible reminders of the ways in which God has answered prayer, provided insight, delivered her from sin—the list goes on and on. They are literal ‘memorial stones’ of God’s incredible goodness and faithfulness.”

What are some ways you can think of to remind yourself of God’s goodness and faithfulness to you? P. 227
Journalling is the first thing that comes to mine.

Gratitude list p.227:
Family, home, church, forgiveness of sins, friends, God’s faithfulness, beauty of the earth, marriage, health, 5lbs released.

No comments:

Post a Comment