Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 26

March 26th food log:

Reflecting on Chapter 26 I was blown away by how the first passage quoted in the beginning of this chapter was Psalm 63. The “Fruits of the Spirit” study (by Beth Moore) that I had dug into last night had studied that exact passage. It had really spoken to me. I was really touched as I felt God was very purposefully directing my eyes to this passage and all that is unpacked in it. I’ll just highlight a bit of the teaching that was presented in the study, reflecting on Psalm 63.

1.) Acknowledge His authority!
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you; Psalm 63:1
Awaken every morning to the challenge, “Choose….this day whom you will serve!” (Josh. 24:15) As you acknowledge His lordship, confess to Him any thoughts, words, or deeds performed outside the realm of His authority…All sin boils down to an issue of authority. His will or my will!

2.) Abound in His presence!
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water Psalm 63:1
As often as you are completely cleansed and yielded, you will possess a power that is completely beyond you…to love, to experience joy, to know peace, to express patience, to possess kindness and respond in goodness, to be faithful, gentle and submissive to his will, restrained and under control.

3.) Ask to see His glory and power!
“I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory”. Psalm 63:2
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
If you ask to see Him and then agree to keep watching through the eyes of the Spirit, you will see His power and His glory everyday. From glorious morning to marvelous day! Let’s proceed to actions sparked in the morning and then spontaneous throughout the day.

4.) Award Him with your mouth!
“Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.” Psalm 63:3
Pray for a mouth that glorifies Him all day long, and you will be filled with a sense of His love and approval.

5.) Approach Him with praise!
“I will praise you as long as I live,” Psalm 63:4

6.) Attribute satisfaction to Him
“Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.” Psalm 65:4


7.) Audit the manifold blessings!

“On my bed I remember you;” Psalm 63:6
Keep a diary of His activity in your life. A record of you history with God is an immeasurable asset to your Christian experience. How do you know He will care for you today? Because He cared for you yesterday! And the day before! And the day before! He never changes. He’ll never forget you. When He discloses Himself to you, remember it, praise Him for it, and record it! Nighttime is prime time for remembering the day.

8.) Allow yourself to rest in His arms!
“I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.” Psalm 63:7-8
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8

As I read chapter 26 I was once again struck by the desire to loosen the grip of TV and the computer in my life. I would really like to set a goal of 1hr TV/day and 1hr computer/day (with the exception of my journaling which does take a lot of time and thought sometimes and I do prefer doing it on the computer versus paper). Also, I when looking over the list on p. 284 of suggestions for how to lengthen a person’s life, the ones that I think I need to focus on in particular of the ten points is maintaining (or reaching in my case!) optimum weight and exercising 30 minutes daily (I don’t feel bad if I adjust that as long as there is some exercise in my week and as long as I have an active lifestyle).

No comments:

Post a Comment