Monday, April 28, 2008

April 2

April 2nd food log:
Chapter 1 & 2

Well, I’m back to re-reading the book. I figure it helps me stay better focussed. I’m sure I’ll glean new things each time I read the chapters. Some of the chapters were pretty heavy, so I’m sure it will take more to work through the teachings/exercises again. I started my day determined to wait for hunger and surrendered to God. I was thankful when I got hungry by lunchtime. A couple lines stood out for me

“…we can then praise Him for the sight, the smell, and the taste of each bite of food.” (p8)

“Look at your food, take a bite, chew deliberately, and fully experience the flavor.” (p10)

One of my goals for the next while is going to be to really LOOK at the food and praise God for it. The girls and I did this for lunch today and we were all amazed at the intricacies of the watermelon, grapes and bagels. It was neat looking at the colors and textures…a good experience for us all. In the process it led our gaze upward towards the maker of all things. Praise God!

Another thing that stood out for me was the teaching on stopping before my body is full (p.10). I may need to re-think my hunger #’s. I think I often feel FULL when I’m done a meal, not simply satisfied and comfortable. I think it is time for me to cut back a little. I need to keep in mind what my daughter said a couple months ago....that full means “up to the belly button” and another saying some kid said awhile back about being full feeling like “nothing”. Interesting thoughts to ponder. I think I’m pushing the limits on #5!

No comments:

Post a Comment