Monday, April 28, 2008

April 22

April 22nd food log:
(Chapter 20 & 21)

Well, I finally get a breather this morning! Some time to myself to sit and reflect. Reflecting on last Friday night and eating out I have to say I felt there was a change in my approach. I made sure to be hungry in time for the meal. Jon and I shared a meal and appetizer which was more then enough. I was very careful to eat slowly and savour the food and really watched my portions. I pushed aside the parts that I wasn’t enjoying as much. I stopped before I was full. It felt like I had internalized more of conscious eating. Praise be to God for that.

On a more negative note…..I just ate too much ice cream this weekend! Boy was it ever enjoyable, but it was just too much! Jon and I have made a pact to limit sugars and cut out desserts until his parent’s arrive for their visit on May 3rd….with the exception of if we’re out for dinner or have company over. So, I’m hoping this will be a time to really loosen the grip of sugar on my life again. I know it really does master me so often, so I guess I’ll declare this a bit of a “fast” from sugar for the next two weeks.

I have been feeling a little sick the past few days (not enough to not eat of course!) but it pushes me at times to reach for food when I’m not hungry. I’m not sure what the solution is to this. I often wonder if food will help settle my stomach….sometimes it does but mostly it doesn’t. So I’m not sure how to correct this behavior.

So, I’m pressing on. I am looking forward to reaching 160lbs and truly maintaining it. I think that would be a big step for me right now. I’m very thankful that I have maintained 165lbs over the past month. This feels like a step in the right direction. So, now I’m hoping for one more step in this direction.

Also I have been exercising a bit more over the past two weeks. This is a step in the right direction for me too.

“…being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Phil 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment