Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 15

March 15th:

Well, today started off with good intentions. And could certainly have gone worse then it did! I was decorating my daughter's bday cake starting at 8:30am and was determined to wait for hunger and not snack on any of the candies, cake or icing in front of me. I did get hungry around 9:30am and decided I was just going to go for what I was craving and what I had been very good at resisting—the candy and cake! I was okay with that choice for today even if it wasn’t all that healthy! Then I was determined to wait for hunger for my next time of eating… I’m pretty sure I was near empty by 2pm and snacked on some of the party food. I definitely wasn’t practising conscious eating however. Then after the party I finished off the day with ‘supper’ and didn’t get stuffed but was a little “junk”-ed out! Anyways, I quit there and haven’t eaten anything since 5pm. I hope I’ll get hungry at a reasonable time tomorrow and am determined, with God’s help and for His glory alone, to have an “on-track” day tomorrow. I know there will be a bit of a challenge as I am hosting company for dinner which will take a bit to ensure I’m hungry at that time… So, we’ll see how it goes. I also have to be careful as I tend to want to eat after company.

One observation I can probably make for today is that I had a bit of the “after company” eating at 4pm. I was exhausted, didn’t feel like I’d really enjoyed my food when the party was on (basically wasn’t eating in present time) and so I was craving to taste the food. I’m not sure I even really savoured the food then as I was in such a rut. I’m okay with just moving past this and chalking it up to a “party day” but if I was to do a correction it would probably be first and foremost to not eat during the party, but rather save my eating for afterward. That would probably have cut down on the amount I ate regardless.

That’s about it for today! Looking forward to a good one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment