Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 9

March 9th:

Challenging experience exercise:

1.) Boarding school. It had it ups and downs. I felt fears and resentment at times. The experience nurtured me socially and has been used by God to make me into the person I am today.
2.) Moving back to Canada at 12 years old. I felt bitter and alone. As a result I made new friends, adjusted to Canada at a much earlier age then other MK friends of mine, which is a blessing in disguise!
3.) My daughter had Kawasaki Disease at age 3. It was a heart wrenching time and I cried out to God more then I ever have in my life as her life hung in the balance. As a result I experienced greater intimacy with God, saw prayers answered and can now empathize better with others in similar situations.

I am disappointed that I didn’t apply TW principles to my 6pm eating. I kind of knew I was stepping onto the slippery slope when I took a handful of popcorn. And it kind of just kept slipping from there. I am planning on printing up my list of “preparing for trials” to place on the fridge for future trials. I’d really love to apply these solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment