Monday, April 28, 2008

April 23

April 23rd food log:
(Chapter 22 & 23)

This quote from p. 222 stood out:
This is what we mean by being thin within. It is authentically living on the outside what is genuinely present on the inside. Our desire is to have a heart in which Christ will dwell and be at home. As we allow Him to abide there and resolve to keep nothing from Him, He makes us more like Himself inside and out. The false or flesh life is crucified daily so that the Christlike life may shine through.

This statement really speaks entirely of a surrendered life in all areas. As I looked at the Path of God’s provision diagram on p. 223 I noticed the outline of all that He provides me with to live the holy life….His Plan, His Will, His Spirit, His Power, His Presence. That’s awesome!

It feels so good to be limiting my sugar intake. I feel more free interestingly enough. Last night was hard not to reach for something sugary after supper, but I had watermelon instead and it was quite fine. I have avoided putting sugar on my cereal the past two days as well. Try to wean myself from sugar again!

One thing I’ve noticed lately is that I really feel free to choose what I want to eat for lunches. I don’t feel like I HAVE to eat only certain foods…. In the past I’d know I could be hungry for supper if I ate certain meals…but lately I have felt free to experiment a bit more and it has been very satisfying. For example, yesterday I had fajitas for lunch, not a typical lunch for me, but it was delicious and satisfying and I was hungry in time for supper. I have really been enjoying this renewed sense of freedom.

Wish I’d waited to get hungry in the afternoon. Feel kind of ripped off that I didn’t! The fresh tortillas were calling for a taste-test and I was feeling a little off and thought the food may settle my stomach…which they did. Maybe I was hungry…not sure. Anyways, wishing I’d waited for “0”. On the positive note, I’m glad I stayed clear of sugar today. Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment