Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 4

March 4th:

This was a really good chapter for me. It opened my eyes once again to my own tendency to be on the “path of my performance”. I tend to be legalistic at times and also beat myself up as I fail since I focus on trying so hard (and fail miserably time after time!) and not so much relying on God’s power that is available. I try to rely on God’s power, but somehow am not doing it right! I think I just keep on trying to do things my own way and take over the driver’s seat. In the process my SELF becomes the focus rather then GOD.

I would really like to apply the teaching of how to observe and correct more effectively. What I gleaned on pg 39, in the midst of temptation, is to:

STOP
OBSERVE
CALL OUT TO GOD
CORRECT AND REPENT
EXPERIENCE GRACE AND FORGIVENESS
MOVE FORWARD

I need to ask myself more often “What could I have done differently to produce a better outcome?” And I really need to call out to God more frequently in this whole process. I need to heed the voice of the Holy Spirit. And call out for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment