Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 13

March 13th:

I can’t believe I’ve actually followed 0-5 eating Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week! Woohoo! I find that pretty exciting. I am contemplating not even stepping on the scale until at least the end of the month. Maybe not even then. I just don’t want to be pulled into the head games that happen when I see that # on the scale. I am praying I can continue eating this way. I have been praying aloud each day asking for God to help me surrender to His will in this area, for the Holy Spirit to empower me to change etc. God has been so faithful this week. I am thankful for His strength. Last night I was at a ladies’ event and told my husband I wouldn’t eat the snacks served (as I knew I wouldn’t be hungry after supper)…and I followed through (praise God!). Each small victory is a step. I’m not sure how today will go as it is a pizza lunch at school….I’ll just eat one slice (just water to drink, nothing else) and see if I’m hungry by supper. Hoping I will be.

This chapter was a good reminder when I’m off track that I need to stop beating myself up (path of my own performance) which ultimately leads me to fail MORE….but rather observe, repent and correct and experience God’s grace and forgiveness and power.

Pg 134
“So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 7:21-25
There is good reason for gratitude once the correction is made and we focus our eyes on Him. Paul realized that his proper identity was in Christ. He recognized that without the Spirit all he could count on was failure. But he didn’t accept the identity of a “failure.” He recognized that he was no longer a slave to sin, but was now a slave to God, even if his body sometimes behaved otherwise. He thanked God that the truth lies in Christ through whom Paul was set free. Like him, once we are in Christ we have the freedom to become instruments of righteousness (Romans 6:13).

Behavior of my naturally thin friend exercise pg 135:
I have noticed many of my friends are thin eaters. One of my best friends is definitely a thin eater. She eats small portions at meals. She is stuffed way before me! She may turn down dessert or she may eat it, but always a very moderate amount. She has candy, chocolates, goodies sitting around her house for weeks not being eaten!!! Can’t imagine that! She knows NOTHING about calories or fat etc. of food! She just eats when she’s hungry, stops when she’s full, eats what she wants….and is naturally thin. In fact she seems to be AGAINST all diet rules! Kind of interesting I find! Another friend, who I knew YEARS ago, was a very slim lady. I worked as a nanny in her home, so I truly had a good glimpse of her eating. She always seemed to eat in moderation. She ate regular foods, desserts, didn’t exercise even (I think) and was very slim. She just seemed to be able to enjoy a moderate amount of healthy food and treats
.

No comments:

Post a Comment