Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 29

Chapter 28 & 29 reflections:

A few things that stood out for me when reading these chapters....

Jesus says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me." Matthew 11:29

"To submit willingly to a yoke is to submit to the authority of the one to whom we are bound...Beth Moore states, 'There is no such thing as yoke-free living.' We will bow to someone or something. Jesus is requesting that we offer ourselves in surrender to Him and His call. Thankfully, unlike the yokes of slavery, the law, or hard service, Jesus promised that His yoke would be easy and that His burden would be light. In fact, He promised to be our yoke-fellow, the one who would pull alongside us and bear much of the burden." p. 297

Chapter 29 p.313 asks us to reflect on changes over the past month...

I feel I have crossed an obstacle that in the past has usually discouraged and stopped me from moving forward - FAILURE. This step of persevering (in the face of failure) is a big step for me! Praise God!

You can view my Daily Food Log
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment