Monday, April 28, 2008

April 15

April 15th food log:
(Chapter 13)

“The intimacy God wants to share with us increases as we release to Him our unmet needs and our expectations of others and ourselves. It occurs by degrees as we surrender our mind, emotions, and will to Him. It occurs in obedience to His will as we look to Him moment by moment for inspiration and accept His equipping and His empowerment. He intends that His grace should infuse every aspect of our lives.” P.131

This really resonated with me. This morning I got down on my hands and knees and cried out to God in repentance and also crying for help to surrender fully to Him. Being obedient to Him in this area of eating is such a “small” step of obedience…. I’m not being asked to sacrifice my life, to muster up lots of courage, to face ridicule etc. I realized the absurdity of the way this sin of gluttony masters me. I feel God desiring me to learn obedience in this “small” thing and then He can teach me obedience in “bigger” things. Not sure if that makes sense…but that was what came to mind as I prayed today.

“I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing” Romans 7:18-19

“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” 1 Cor. 10:13

Lord, help me to call out to you in my moments of temptation and to have the faith that You will lead me in the ways that I should go. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen. (p.137)

No comments:

Post a Comment