Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 6

March 6th:

Note to self:

Fat Machinery is:
* Conditioned or habitual responses
* Beliefs
* Past Stories
* Failures

I can relate to this (in regards to the bathroom scale) on p.59

“Most of us can relate to one of three scenarios: First, you hop on the scale and it seays you have gained weight. Depressed, you go to the kitchen and drown your sorrows in a megabreakfast. Second, you hop on the scale and it says you have lost weight. You are so excited you celebrate by eating a hot fudge sundae. In the third scenario you avoid the scale like the plague because you know very well that your weight is creeping up and you don’t want to face the awful truth. Has your scale become a club of condemnation? Is it an idol? Does your bathroom scale determine whether you have a good day or a bad day?”

I don’t quite know what to do about this however! I find the scale is a good accountability tool when it doesn’t hold my emotions hostage. I also find that I tend to think I weigh more then I actually do. Sometimes I’m right on the mark for what I actually weigh. Rarely do I weigh more then I think I weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment