Monday, April 28, 2008

April 4

April 4 food log
(Chapter 4)

This chapter really drove home to me that I have been caught up in something that looked like a good idea at the time (and certainly served a purpose) but is now time to cut loose. I had been tracking my progress with stars and % and have come to conclusion that it is now hindering me from being truly honest with myself and really learning the most I can through observations and corrections. The assessment tools were becoming the club of condemnation. Instead I need to ask myself “What could I have done differently to produce a better outcome?” (p.42) I needed the feedback these assessments offered in the beginning stages as I just needed to get back on the right track, but now that I am pretty consistently on the right track I need to fine-tune my eating choices and behaviors. Trying to make it all look “pretty” by giving myself a perfect star or rationalizing my way to these marks doesn’t help me move forward. “In matters of food and eating, the key is to move steadily forward with a sincere heart of willingness and faith, allowing yourselves to observe and correct your behavior.” (P.41) So, here goes my new approach! I’ll try to do lots of observing and correcting, repenting and accepting God’s forgiveness and help and move forward under the canopy of His grace. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment