Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 14

March 14th:

A few things stood out for me in this chapter…

“Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.” Romans 6:13
I slowly began to see that it was my spiritual act of worship to surrender my body to God when I ate, to offer myself to Him as a living sacrifice. Day by day it became a sweet surrender. Pg 142

I have been challenged this past week to minimize my sugar consumption, primarily my dessert consumption. I have done great this week….until last night. Anyways, this chapter deals with some of this issue… “Do certain foods tempt you to binge later?” pg 143 Yes, sugar definitely is a slippery slope for me!

I loved the list of false beliefs lined up with truth of God’s word by Dr. Neil Anderson. The one that really stood out for me was:
Why should I allow Satan supremacy over my life, when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world? (1 John 4:4)
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4

Exercise 14-5 pg 148
Belief: Satan has supremacy
Action: Believe God is greater than Satan
Results: Victory over sin. Satan will no longer have mastery in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment