Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 5

March 5th:

Today got to an off-track start because I had company over and ate when I wasn’t hungry…. I could have made better choices by suppertime, but didn’t.

Tomorrow is a new day. I’m looking forward to getting back on track. Looking at the choices I made both yesterday and today, applying observation and correction techniques….

Yesterday at 3pm I really should have held off on eating more then one bite. I know I could have done better. Not beating myself up, but probably should have walked far away from those cookies, prayed maybe in my BR and then moved forward.

Today, I don’t feel so bad about the morning cin bun, but then I ate another one as soon as my company left and then I didn’t wait for hunger at supper. The main thing I wish I’d done differently was wait for hunger at suppertime. Even if I was making a “poor” choice of another cin. Bun I could at least have been hungry!!!! And I know the cin. Bun would have been waiting for me as I gave my husband instructions to help himself to them but to just make sure one is left for me!

I haven’t yet applied the mirror, mirror exercise. I plan on doing that when I have a more leisurely start to the day, maybe on Friday morning. This morning was a little chaotic. Actually the whole day was pretty crazy!

I must say I really appreciate the hunger#’s. I am glad I’m figuring it out as it really does make me feel differently then I did with Weigh Down as it was all about just hunger(0), satisfaction (5) and overeating (10). There weren’t all these varying degrees to assess. So, I appreciate the graciousness of this approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment