Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 25

March 25th food log:

Well, I must say I’m disappointed that I wasn’t hungry for supper yesterday. I was so close to rumbling, but don’t want to lie to myself (or others) and say I was truly hungry. I want to be as authentic as possible on this journey.

Chapter 25 was a very interesting read. I found it very practical and in many ways I’ve already dealt with a lot of these situations/circumstances….although I really liked the “spin” the author puts on these circumstances asking what the main purpose of these social occasions or family meals etc. is really about.
· satisfying hunger
· conversation
· convenience
· together time
· learning proper table etiquette
· making new acquaintances
· fun
· business contacts
· eat the food because the chef is excellent

“It may be helpful to take a personal inventory prior to attending a social occasion. Pray for wisdom, then ask yourself, ‘Why am I going to this particular event and what do I hope to gain from it?’ It’s doubtful that your answer will be ‘I want to overeat.’” P.270

No comments:

Post a Comment