Sunday, April 27, 2008

MARCH - TW ch 11

March 11th:

A few things that stood out to me with this chapter:

“We often have temper tantrums about our bodies and our food. ‘I want what I want when I want I!’ Acting very much like spoiled children, we declare in word or deed, ‘MY will not Thy will.’ This is catering to the lie that ‘my body is my own.’” (pg 111)

“You can say, ‘I can’t,’ as long as in the next breath you say, ‘But, God, You can.’” (pg 114)

Prayer: Please break me where I am proud and strengthen me where I am weak so I can surrender fully to You and to the power of Your transforming grace. (pg 115)

I thought I’d reword my planning for trials exercise based on suggestions from pg 110.

IT’S TIME TO EAT!
I could go to my BR (far away from the dinner table) and pray, do devos. Another option would be to have a cup of herbal tea and sit at the table and visit with the family.

I’M BORED
Do chores, crafts, play, devos, phone a friend, go for a walk, the options are endless!

I’M LONELY
Phone a friend.

EATING OUT
Eat only half the amount, eat the best parts! Pack the leftovers of course.

SOCIAL PRESSURE
Just say
“NO thank you!!!!”

QUICK ENERGY
I think a better response would be for me to have a bath or to have a nap to rest up. Or just have a little tea to get me by….I’m taking to herbal teas as you can tell!

WINDING DOWN with dessert
(especially after company)
A better response would probably be to have a bath and relax and pray there….or have a herbal tea in front of the TV.

TASTE-TEST CALL!
I should leave the room, go to BR and spend time in prayer. Wait for “0”

JUST A LITTLE BITE!
Just turn away from the temptation as it will be a slippery slope! If I do take a little bite, just make sure it is savoured and STOP! Wait for “0” to enjoy more then a little bite.

I WANT TO EAT IT ALL!
Use a smaller plate at dinner. Use utensils. Fork down b/w bites. Sit down. Savour the food. Follow conscious eating tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment